Junior Java software developer
For a company with a headquarter in Utrecht we are helping them searching for a (junior) Java Software Developer who is also able to test. The company provides engineered services and products primarily to the offshore energy industry, Today, they also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Purpose of the role
As a Java Software Developer you will be responsible for implementing, developing, testing, supporting and installing the company’s Java based solutions as well as improving the test automation framework. These solutions are based on a general platform with project specific implementation, in particular Warehouse Management Systems and protocol converters. The software interacts between the AGV supervisory system and customer systems. For instance it connects to SAP to get orders or some customer specific ERP and translate these messages to transports that can be understood by the company’s own supervisory system.
Since the software you will develop is always interfacing with mostly not software of the company it is important that you are able to read, understand and develop interfaces. You will communicate with the vendor or customer to agree on the specification and to test the implementation. Understanding of the logistical processes where the software you have developed is part of is very important.
You will also implement, develop, test automate, support and install the company’s supervisory control application. This application communicates and controls a fleet of AGVs. It deals with transport assignments, custom behavior for specific clients, traffic management, optimal logistic solutions, interfacing with external systems such as PLCs, and simulating system behavior. It also interfaces to a web based user interface.
You will be working in a team alongside software testers and developers collaborating on test automating products under development. This will enable you to identify bugs and possibilities for improvement and ensure that the product meets the quality requirement criteria. You will achieve this by: testing, executing and optimizing our test automation framework.
Besides these main activities, your qualities are sometimes needed to support and maintain some other Java based projects the company has, like the back end of their statistics website.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team you will be responsible for making sure that the software systems meet the customer/client specifications and work within their site constraints. You should have the technical insight to create solutions that provide optimal performance. Given that the company has a global customer/client base, you must be willing to travel and stay abroad for several weeks at a time, as you will be responsible for the successful installation at the customer/client site.
- Technical Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science, Automation Technology or Information Technology or equivalent; Minimum of 1 year of experience in writing Java software.
- Ability to program in Java with knowledge of object oriented analysis/design/programming and design patterns.
- Experience with Java frameworks such as Spring Boot and Hibernate;
- Experience of data modeling and database programming essential.
- Ability to read, understand, debug and modify existing product code.
- Experience with Object Oriented design patterns
- proven experience of agile testing in Scrum/Kanban, under BDD (Cucumber).
- Experience with test automation in Java, Python or other programming languages is a plus. You are expected to have knowledge of test automation concepts and of tools like Jenkins or any other CI/CD tool.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment is considered an advantage
- Scripting/ programming languages: JAVA, Python, Shell.
- Familiar with tools like: Linux, Bash, Maven, Nexus, Docker, Log4J2, SLF4J
- Integrating with enterprise systems such as databases, ERP systems and factory automation systems
- Data formats like XML and JSON
- Web communication protocols such as REST and SOAP
- Issue tracking systems particularly Jira
- Versions control systems, particularly Subversion and Git
- Writing requirements, design documentation and test cases
We know it is a lot to ask and do not want to scare you off. So if you have some of the expierience we ask, just contact us since the company is open to professionals who are wanting to learn!
Do you want more information or contact with us? Please contact Karen Diaz Molina