For a company with a headquarter in Utrecht we are searching for a Junior Buyer. The company provides engineered services and products primarily to the offshore energy industry. Today, they also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Buyer executes purchase orders (POs) and expedites for procurement of materials and services. The Buyer is able to make commitments for the company at any dollar level upon receipt of a properly approved requisition and assists management in meeting department goals.
- Purchase order/MSR management (Confirmation, Expedite, end user communication)
- Resolve receiving problems that may include quality issues, rejected materials or shipments, and part number discrepancies.
- Resolve material and part returns due to warranty claims, incorrect shipments, or freight damage. Submit claims for carrier freight damage.
- Place orders in accordance with engineering specifications and other requirements.
- Liaise with suppliers and create/maintain effective working relationships.
- Evaluate vendor performance and assist with maintenance of approved supplier list.
- Maintain electronic data storage systems as directed.
- Resolve invoice anomalies.
- Adhere to Quality Management System.
- Participate in HSE Awareness – Observation Cards, HSE Safety Suggestions.
- Education and/or Experience
- MBO diploma or higher. Preferably at least 1 to 2 years of experience in a hectic industrial environment in a Buyer role.
- Language Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English and Dutch at all levels. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Project Managers and Senior personnel within the organization.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to promote the supply chain strategy throughout the business in a positive manner.
- Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, or other ERP system.
Interested and want to know more? Please contact Jessica van Beek.