Lead Mechanical Engineer
For a company with a headquarter in Utrecht we are searching for a Lead Mechanical Engineer. The company provides engineered services and products primarily to the offshore energy industry. Today, they also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer applies an advanced knowledge of engineering fundamentals to the division’s engineering and design activities and provides work leadership to lower level employees. The Lead Engineer interacts with all OASYS departments as necessary to provide engineering support to projects, integration, and test activities.
- Defining and controlling mechanical design standards for Automatic Guided Vehicle Systems
- Controlling (Solidworks) engineering project drawing structures from release- retractions-redlines while ensuring configuration standards are maintained at all times
- You technically lead mechanical engineers in the daily execution of project based automated guided vehicle engineering
- You observe project planning commitments and provide timely feedback in regular project team meetings
- You ensure implementation of agreed engineering procedures and assist in optimizing processes with a view to increasing project volumes
- You take responsibility for defining mechanical concept engineering, concurrent with highly qualified lead mechanical and electrical engineers
- You take a holistic view of project vehicle engineering with interchangeability and compatibility driving project growth
- You support the assembly, testing and commissioning teams with mechanical issues and provide solutions
- You foster strong working relationships with the linking disciplines such as logistics, production, assembly and project commissioning.
- You cultivate and promote our corporate values – integrity, collaboration, courage, excellence
- Estimate resource requirements to meet technical and scheduling objectives.
- Analyze and develop design approaches for complex engineering projects.
- Develop and apply advanced engineering design methods, theories, and research techniques within related technical fields.
- Provide technical consultation to other organizations.
- Review literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Master’s degree or comparable training, preferably with a technical engineering focus
- Approximately ten years of relevant experience within Automation Industry, (Automated) Material Handling Solutions, Machinery & Industrial Engineering or related mechanical industries
- You have knowledge of SolidWorks and its EPDM system
- Team player with a high level of communication skills
- Ability to operate in an international team and to perform in a global matrix organization
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills for preparing and reviewing technical and project reports.
- Advanced knowledge and practical application of related engineering principles.
Interested and want to know more? Please contact Jessica van Beek.