Technical Writer/Editor – Duits sprekend
For a company with a headquarter in Utrecht we are searching for a Senior Technical Writer/Editor. The company provides engineered services and products primarily to the offshore energy industry. Today, they also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The technical writing function is responsible for writing and editing technical documentation and supports the configuration management for technical documentation.
The Technical Writer/Editor develops and maintains technical documentation in a coordinated team management environment. This role requires interactions with managers and engineering staff in all departments. Must have the ability to support the creation of technical manuals in Microsoft Office applications, as well as digital SGML/SML manuals.
Documentation includes technical manuals, equipment manuals, operating and maintenance instructions/manuals, database entry, parts lists, assembly instructions, reports, appendices, and project proposals.
The configuration management part of the function supports the hardware engineering department with the configuration of project items. This includes the review and improvement of CM processes and maintaining the project configuration management system for the areas related to technical documentation.
- Provide document time estimations for scheduling and budgeting purposes.
- Familiarity to work with Planning Software and prepare individual work schedule for the tasks.
- Write/review/edit the documentation, according to published department standards and procedures.
- Familiarity with engineering standards, ISO standards and CE standards.
- Track requirements and coordinate the delivery of technical documentation.
- Read and interpret engineering information and drawings.
- Write product descriptions, theory of operations, and other technical manuals and documentation.
- Write and edit documentation according to published department standards and procedures.
- Create simple illustrations and screen captures as needed. Coordinate/arrange with graphics designers or other graphic resources to create more complicated illustrations.
- Submit drafts to SMEs and peers; incorporate review comments into documents.
- Work with engineering team during new product development and production phases; author all associated publications from scratch with moderate supervision.
- Provide support to project teams in configuring and base-lining project items.
- Prepare configuration documentations and support maintenance of the Configuration Management system (PDM/PLM)
- Review and recommend improvements to existing CM processes.
- Maintain data quality, integrity and security of CM database.
- Schedule audits on CM database and assist in implementing audit recommendations.
- Develop security guidelines to avoid unauthorized damage or usage of project items
- Assist in management, maintenance and automating of CM tools.
- Analyze configuration issues and propose appropriate resolutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Technical Writing, or Communications with experience in technical writing; 5 years’ experience may substitute for education requirement.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in creating maintenance, operations, troubleshooting and setup/tear down procedures without source data. Experienced with technical documentation development and editing of large-scale systems for both commercial and other customers, with experience in technical writing and editing in engineering topics; engineering background desired.
- Experience with mechanical and mechatronic systems.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the company and subcontractor organization.
- Fluent in English and excellent command of technical German (especially writing).
- Well-developed application software skills in Windows environment, with emphasis in Microsoft Office applications.
- Multi-tasking skills and flexibility are essential.
- Familiarity with CAD software such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks, SolidWorks Composer and Adobe CS is a plus.
- Demonstrates knowledge and effective use of the principles, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization and understanding of related engineering fields.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9001 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Ability to work in the Netherlands and/or the EU.
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
Want to know more about this role? Please contact Jessica van Beek.